In this practice, we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with the experience of our service. We will address patient’s complaints or concerns courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to handle complainants in the way we would like to be treated ourselves. We will learn from every mistake and amend procedures accordingly.
- Michelle Jones is responsible for dealing with any complaint received
- Any verbal or informal complaint will be immediately referred to Michelle Jones. If she is not available, the matter will be referred to an appropriate staff member for resolution. If no one suitable is available, an appointment will be made within 24 hours to discuss this matter.
- Any written complaint will be passed to Michelle Jones for action
- Any complaint regarding clinical or financial matters will be referred to the dentist unless the complainant specifically states otherwise.
- Written complaints will be acknowledged within 2 working days. The matter will be investigated and a written response letter sent within 10 working days. If this is not possible a holding letter will be sent out with an explanation for the delay.
- Complete, proper and comprehensive records will be kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with their response, they can refer the matter on to:
Local health board – 01248 384194
Ombudsman -0300 790 0203
Private Patients-General dental council -0208 253 0800
Dpas patients-01747 870910
HIW- 02920 92891